Monday, March 9, 2009

1st Topic

Please post comments to get this going...



What is love?



Is it the devotion to one person in all things including but not limited to sex, attention, or even vulnerability. Or is it a feeling produced by familirity. Or can it be the right balance of seratonin, dopamine, and a whole lot of chemicals I care not to research?



As I have seen it and as far as I have put out there I feel the word love is used wrong in this day and age. When you utter those words I love you to a person it should be as unconditional as the word is meant to be. Imagine if God (Or whatever benevolent deity you believe in. God is used since he has the most followers. sorry Allah and Budda you got owned in the numbers) loved the way we do. Love isn't fickle it doesn't completely abandon someone because of an unpopular decision.



My first critical thinking question is...



If your significant others brother/sister had you in the heat of the moment would you take the shot?



In your answer please indicate whether male or female.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

an answer to your question!.. Eww no, your brother or sister has a different kind of love. Your love for a sibling is more caring, Kindness, the willingness to go beyond measure for them no matter what obstacle comes your way. You can fight and disagree with your sibling but no matter what the love will never fade.
A love you feel for a significant other, whom you have feelings for, sexually, is different than a love for a family member.

Love is complicated, and yet simple. ...
if i think of more to write ill be back.
*~*Female*~*

Anonymous said...

As a female, I have heard so much about our will to love and the overall emotion behind it. I have heard that for a woman to fall in love with a man it takes a great deal of hurdles to overcome. I don't know if that is necessarily true, however in regards to your question I say no. Since I can only speak for myself, why jeopardize something we hope is substantial with his relative? I could never understand how one would easily cheat on their mate with a member of their own family. I find it disgusting and shameful. So if you had enough respect for your significant other and yourself, there wouldn't even be a "heat of the moment."